A new parent can never truly fully prepare for the changes a new baby brings. Ticking the basics off will give you a head start for those first experiences of parenthood. Here is a checklist of what we think is ideal to pack in your hospital bag…
the vital baby® hospital bag must haves
- newborn nappies
- cotton wool to clean little bottoms
- muslin cloths
- soft outfits such as baby grows to keep baby warm
- a swaddle or baby blanket
- hat and mittens
- breast pads and maternity pads
- loose and comfortable clothes for mum
- invest in some comfy underwear for after the birth. Take a dressing gown, night shirt or t-shirt, slippers and some socks too
- lip balm, moisturiser and a spritz spray to help keep mum cool during labour
- Birth ball and extra pillows so you can get comfortable whether out of bed or in
- vital baby® hand sanitiser such as Aquaint® sanitising water to keep germs away
- outfit for coming home for new mum and baby
- mobile phone and charger
- birth plan and maternity notes
- snacks and water
- a comfy pillow
- tablet or book
- car seat and going home outfits for both of you
The ideal time to start packing your hospital bag is around 36 weeks. Even if you are not planning a hospital birth it is best to have a bag packed just in case.
This should give you a good start, so happy packing and good luck!
The vital baby® NURTURE™ range has many accessories and essentials for your hospital bag including breast pads. Find out more about these hospital bag essentials here.